This is your chance to make yourself stand out. So it's worth taking the time to sell your qualities in the best way possible. Let us know about your life and work experience, as well as the skills you have that you believe are relevant for the role (given their safety or technical nature, some of our jobs are very specific in terms of experience and qualifications). Also help us to assess whether you'll be good at the job you’re applying for by providing us with as much detail as possible about your current and previous roles and the duties and responsibilities involved. But it's not just about skills and experience. A real passion for delivering exceptional customer service standards and maintaining high levels of customer safety will be essential to your success here.
When you’re completing your application, remember to:
- Show yourself in the best possible light, by taking your time and making sure you don’t leave anything important out.
- Present your skills and experiences in a timeline format with your most recent achievements first.
- Explain any gaps in employment or education (a well used gap year can be just as useful as a year in employment).
- Keep your application clear, concise and to the point.
- Use the space provided and organise the information so it’s easy to read and in a logical order - bullet points are a good way to break up information.
- Avoid leaving blank spaces or being vague in your answers, as some parts of your application will be scored as part of our shortlisting process.
- Tailor your application to the role, as sending out the same application for every job will not make you stand out.